Hello everybody! I want to dilute the two-month-long silence in this livejournal with my post. Several month ago Vadim and I had planned a trip along Chinese biggest cities, from Hong Kong to Shanghai. The main purpose of the journey was world’s highest construction building – Shanghai tower. Now it is under construction and so far its height is a little more than 650 meters. So now it is the world’s second high building after Burj Khalifa in UAE.
Aware of the strict Chinese law, we prepared carefully and picked an appropriate date, the Chinese New Year day. At that time the security was less watchful, workers were on vacations, and cranes did not work. We got to the crane at around midnight. It took us almost two hours to get on the 120th floor by foot. And also, we spend almost 18 hours on top of the building, sleeping and waiting for better weather. The result you can see in our new video.
1. Low clouds are covering the city.
2. JinMao tower and Shanghai Financial Center, people call it “The
3. By sunrise clouds were even thicker, and the city was completely covered.
4. Just to compare, a tower on the left is 421 meters high, and the
right one is 490 m.
5. One – and the main purpose of our climbing was making the video.
Since it was cloudy, we decided to wait in one of top floors until the
weather gets better.
6. An hour before sunrise clouds disappeared, and we headed on top.
7. A picture of me by
That was the end of our Shanghai trip. Soon you will see a lot of exciting content from China. Stay tuned!